Moscow Benefactors Aleksevna

Alekseev – one of the oldest and most famous business dynasties in Moscow charity. Founder of the dynasty, Alexey Petrov, the son of a serf, and in 1746 settled in Moscow. Subsequently, Alexeev opened several factories in Moscow: woolen products, and dyeing-stuffing. For more information see this site: Mitsubishi. In the 19 century Aleksevna become active philanthropists. Semen Alexeev gave more than 200 thousand rubles scholarship in educational institutions, the content of almshouses and Nicholas Poorhouse widows and orphans of merchant and tribal house in the Little Alexeyev Alexeyev street. Sergey Alexeev (1836 – 1893) participated in of more than 11 charitable organizations: boards of trustees, councils Solodnikovskih almshouses and schools, the Imperial Philanthropic Society, Ekaterininskoggo charity). Official site: Rio Tinto Group. Sergey Alexeev gave 100 thousand to the device and the content of Nicholas Poorhouse widows and orphans of merchant, and his initiative in Moscow, has raised more than 1 million rubles in donations to the bereaved families and the disabled Russian-Turkish war of 1877-1878, the same way benefactor donated to the creation of the Alexander Hospital of the Moscow Merchant Society. Nikolai Alekseyev (1852 – 1893) and his widow, Alexandra were also large benefactors in Moscow.

Nikolai Alexeyev himself in 1885 was Moscow's mayor, which allowed him to seriously deal with the organization of charity. So, on his orders were closed dilapidated Upper Trading Rows on Red Square (now GUM), increased the number of hospitals. Also, Nikolai Alexeyev has announced donations to the charity of unsound mind, and by 1889 the amount of funds raised has exceeded 1 million. Wife of Nicholas Alexander V. Zimin has acquired ownership of the house and turned him into a waiting room, providing all necessary equipment. On her initiative was opened Transfiguration psychiatric hospital. In 1898, Alexeev opened the hospital for 300 beds, located in Kanatchikovo cottage, and reception in her began in 1893.

At the request of the Moscow City Duma hospital decree of the emperor was named Alekseeva (in Soviet times it was renamed to the hospital name pp , but since 1994 it "back," Alekseyev). The Duma also expressed her gratitude to Nicholas for "vigorous activity and attract donations for the work of public education." Also, when Nikolai Alekseev in Moscow was converted and opened 30 schools, contributed to the project water supply and sanitation of Moscow, listed in order of roadways, sidewalks, broken squares and boulevards. Once, during a visitor in the Duma, Alekseev was fatally shot the mentally ill. Moscow perpetuate his memory: the main hall of the Duma was set to portrait. After that, Alexandra is also donate to charity in popechitelstvovala schools, urban free shelter and other institutions.